Shelbyra Fitri "다비치"

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference"

To my darling niece,

Happy Birthday! You have made the last seven years so interesting, so wonderful, so much fun, and so full of love that I couldn’t begin to thank you.

The last seven years has been full of ups and downs for the both of us, but in your 2.100 days on Earth you’ve done it all with such strength, humor, and grace.

You’re smart. You’re beautiful. And you’re the independent little kid I know - with a killer request. You’re the only person I know who can light up a room the way you do when you speak, laugh, sing, and when you smile that shy/sly little smile.

You’ve overcome more in your seven years than some people have in their entire lifetime and you’ve made me, and your whole family, better for having watched you grow so much in such a little time. You make all the progress you’ve made look effortless. You remind us just how special you are.

When I met you for the first time, you were just over one day new baby born , tiny, cute, and you were absolutely perfect. I become the first person to give your name Aurel and chinese blood really running in your skin - except your uwa, thats me. Seven years later people have tried to label you, break you, damage you and, yet, here you are…still absolutely, positively perfect.

Thanks for seven years of laughs and smiles. Thanks for all the sing-alongs. Thank you for saying/shouting/yelling/exclaiming, “Uwa” with such unabashed glee that it melts even my cold heart. Thank you for all the eskimo kisses, real kisses, and biggest bear hugs. Thanks for being my BFF. Most of all, thank you for just being you. Because, as you’ve proven, that’s all you ever needed to be for my unconditional love.
xo.
Uwa Fitri

0 komentar:

Post a Comment